Grid Screen™ Ammonium Sulfate is a preformulated reagent kit designed to provide a rapid screening method for the crystallization of biological macromolecules.
The screen is simple and practical for finding initial crystallization conditions as well as determining the solubility of a macromolecule in Ammonium sulfate between pH 4.0 and 9.0. Grid Screen Ammonium Sulfate systematically evaluates Ammonium sulfate at four concentrations (0.8, 1.6, 2.4, 3.0 M) versus 6 pH levels (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9).
Grid Screen Ammonium sulfate consists of 24 unique reagents, each supplied as 10 milliliter in sterile, screw cap tubes. Ready-to-use reagents are sterile filtered and formulated with ultra-pure Type 1 water, using the highest purity salt and buffers. Individual reagents are available through the Hampton Research Custom Shop.
10 ml, tube format
1. Advance in Protein Chemistry Volume 41. Pages 1-33 (Patricia C. Weber). Academic Press, 1991.
2. Crystallization of nucleic acids and proteins, Edited by A. Ducruix and R. Giege, The Practical Approach Series, Oxford Univ. Press, 1992.
3. Current approaches to macromolecular crystallization. McPherson, A. Eur. J. Biochem. 189, 1-23, 1990.
4. Protein and Nucleic Acid Crystallization. Methods, A Companion to Methods in Enzymology, Academic Press, Volume 1, Number 1, August 1990.
5. A protein crystallization strategy using automated grid searches on successively finer grids. Patricia C. Weber. Methods: A Companion to Methods in Enzymology Vol. 1, No. 1, August, pp. 31-37, 1990.