Synonyms: Glacial acetic acid
CAS Number [64-19-7]
Beilstein Registry Number 506007
EC Number 200-580-7
MDL number MFCD00036152
PubChem Substance ID 24859247
See the pdf Using Volatile Buffers for a novel crystallization methodology using acetic acid and ammonium hydroxide to adjust drop pH and induce crystallization.
1. Preparation and analysis of protein crystals. Alexander McPherson, 1982, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., printed by Krieger Publishing. Chapter 4, Crystallization.
2. Current approaches to macromolecular crystallization. Alexander McPherson, Eur. J. Biochem. 189, 1-23 (1990).
3. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the engrailed homeodomain and of an engrailed homeodomain/DNA complex. Liu et al, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Vol. 171, No. 1, 1990, pages 257-259.
4. Changes of pH during Biomacromolecule Crystallization by Vapor Diffusion using Ammonium Sulfate as the Precipitant. Mikol et al, J. Appl. Cryst. (1989). 22, 155-161.
5. A Double Cell for Controlling Nucleation and Growth of Protein Crystals. Maria Przybylska, J. Appl. Cryst. (1989). 22, 115-118
6. Crystallization of butyrate kinase 2 from Thermotoga maritima mediated by vapor diffusion of acetic acid. Diao et al, Acta Cryst. (2003). D59, 1100±1102.
7. The preparation and crystallization of Fab fragments of a family of mouse esterolytic catalytic antibodies and their complexes with a transition-state analogue. Muranova et al, Acta Cryst. (2001). D57, 1192±1195