View AbbVie Job Description HERE
Locations Lake County, United States of America
Categories Research and Development
Req ID 2101400
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Structural Biology Group at AbbVie is seeking a self-motivated scientist with an innovative mindset to join the Crystallization Group in support of structure-based drug design. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in protein crystallization and crystal handling. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of protein expression, purification, and characterization techniques. They should be familiar with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and comfortable working with automated crystallization instruments. The individual must be able to balance the needs of multiple projects and adjust to rapidly changing priorities. The candidate also needs to demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem-solving skillsets.
• Perform crystallization screening against various biological macromolecules, including soluble proteins, membrane proteins, protein-ligand complexes, protein-protein complexes, biologics, etc.
• Conduct crystal optimization and generate high quality crystals for follow-up experiments.
• Identify cryo-protectant conditions and harvest crystals for data collection at synchrotron.
• Actively participate in innovative solutions to improve the crystallization process.
• Participate in new technology development.
• Accurately record and communicate experimental results.
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
• Master’s degree with 2-5+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-7+ years of experience
• Proven hands-on experience in high throughput protein crystallization using robotics and LIMS
• Knowledgeable in protein expression, purification, and characterization methods
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
• Experience in a drug discovery environment is a plus
• Experience in fragment-based drug discovery is a plus
• Experience with Cryo-EM, MicroED or SAXS is a plus
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.